Data entered into the Record Pool are stored on a central database server. Copyright of all data entered into the Record Pool remain with the original recorder.
The intention of the Record Pool is to capture data from around the UK from a variety of different sources. All records will be forwarded to the relevant local recorder (typically a local ARG, LRC or County recorder).
Please read and make sure you agree to the following statements before you submit your data to the Record Pool:
By submitting records/data to the Record Pool, I understand that:
- I should always obtain the permission of landowners and/or tenants before entering land to carry out any recording activities
- I should not put others or myself in danger during the course of any recording activities
- I consent to my personal details being held by the Record Pool, including in electronic form
- I agree to share copyright on any records I submit, and understand that they may be used, published or passed on to third parties for purposes such as conservation, science and education
- The Record Pool, and/or ARG-UK and/or ARC, will attempt to identify me as the author of records where possible, but it may not always be possible to do so, for example where maps and reports are based upon records submitted by many people
- I understand that the Record Pool exercises due diligence and consideration to any issues of sensitivity, confidentiality, ownership, copyright and data protection that may arise
- If I am likely to encounter species that require licensing during my recording activities, I need to have received a licence from the relevant statutory agency, or to have made other licencing/accreditation arrangements.
If you want to know more, please read our Data access information page and Data access FAQ's.